Monday, September 2, 2013

Preserving for the first time


Preserving has never been part of my history or heritage ... Most likely due to the fact that when the yummy things are available to preserve in Perth the weather is too obscenely hot to want the stove on all day. But Kaedra and Larissa had planned a Canstravaganza with their spouses and invited me along. I helped. 

This was all new to me! Riss had an amazing book that provided not only recipes and canning instructions, but included serving ideas - very smart. 

We ploughed through 8 recipes in two days, all of them successful:

Spicy dilly beans
Curried summer stone fruit
Blueberry compote
Blackberry ginger marmalade
Peaches in simple syrup
Rhubarb orange chutney
Strawberry jam
Garlic dill pickles

So ... How many do I store in the cupboard and how many do I start eating NOW?

No comments: